Food License or FSSAI Registration in Jharkhand is available for small food vendors, petty operators having yearly turnover below Rs. 12 Lakh and/or whose:
- Production capacity of food (other than milk, milk products and meat) doest no exceeds kg/ltr per day.
- Procurement, handling and collection of milk is up to 500ltr per day.
- Slaughtering capacity is 2 large animals, 10 small animals or 50 poultry birds.
Registration under FSSAI is given for 1 year to 5 Years, and is subject to renewal 1 month prior to the date of expiry of Registration.
A challan fee of Rs. 100 per year shall be payable for obtaining registration.
- The applicant shall make an application online for obtaining FSSAI Registration.
- All the documents required to be attached must be self attested and photograph must be recent and of passport size.
- Applicant is required to pay the fees either electronically or through challan.
- Within 7 days of receipt of application the registering authority shall:
- Issue Registration certificate, or;
- Reject the application by giving proper cause in writing, or;
- Issue notice of Inspection.
- Where notice of Inspection is issued, the registering authority shall conduct an inspection and shall issue registration certificate or reject the application within 30 days of making of application.