Professional Tax Registration is Jharkhand is a 3-4 day process, and the Registration Number is issued by the department after proper verification of documents. Failing to get such registration shall attract heavy penalty and unnecessary trouble. Professional Tax is levied and collected by the State and is one of the major source of revenue for state. The fund so collected is utilised for the welfare of the employees. Not only government employees but Private Employees are also required to pay Professional Tax.
Professional Tax is Mandatory.
All the employers of a private company, traders, and professional are required to pay professional tax. It is the duty of the employer to obtain Professional Tax registration and deduct and subit Professional Tax on behalf of the employee.
Rate of Professional Tax in Jharkhand?
Professional Tax is collected on the basis of a slab rate, the tax is required to be deducted form monthly salary of the employee.
PROFESSIONAL TAX SLAB RATE IN JHARKHAND
|Monthly Salary||Amount payable in Jharkhand|
|Rs. 25,000 to Rs.41,666||Rs.100 per month|
|Rs.41,667 to Rs. 66,666||Rs.150 per month|
|Rs. 66,666 to Rs. 83,333||Rs.175 per month|
|Rs. 83,333 and above||Rs.208 per month|
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR PROFESSIONAL TAX REGISTRATION IN JHARKHAND
- Copy of Pan Card of Authorised signatory
- Copy of Aadhaar Card/Voter Id/Driving License/Passport of Authorised signatory
- 2 Passport size photograpgh of Authorised signatory
- Copy of Registration/Incorporation Certificate of Firm/Company/Trust/NGO/AOP
- Copy of MOA, AOA/Bye laws/Deed of Partnership firm/Company/Trust/NGO/AOP
- Copy of Pan Card and TAN of Partnership firm/Company/Trust/NGO/AOP
- Copy of Eletricity Bill and Rent Agreement of Registered Office
- Copy of Bank Statement of Partnership firm/Company/Trust/NGO/AOP
- Email ID and Phone Number Of Authorised Person