EPF registration in Jharkhand is an online process whereby eligible employer can take EPF registration by fulfilling the terms and conditions as stipulated by the act. Employee provident fund scheme is regulated by EPFO and was introduced to provide the benefit of the Provident fund Scheme to large number of employees. This scheme is administered by the central government for the welfare and benefit of the workers.
Who are required to take EPF Registration in Jharkhand?
Establishment employing 10 or more workers drawing salary less than Rs.21,000 per month.
Who can claim the benefit of pension scheme under EPFO?
A person who has completed the age of 58 years and has also completed 10 years of service without any withdrawals can claim benefit of EPF Pension Scheme.
What is amount is to be deposited by the employer towards the EPF contribution of the employee?
In case of EPF Employer Contribution shall be 12% of the basic salary plus dearness allowances. Employee Contribution shall also be 12%.
Major benefits of EPF Scheme for employees:
- Insurance benefit upto Rs. 6 lakh to the family member of deceased.
- Life long pension benefit if the employee has contributed for a continuous period of 10 years.
- Interest is also earned on the amount deposited in EPF account and such amount is tax free.
- EPF amount can be withdrawn for the purpose of construction/repair of house, illness and other personal requirements.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR EPF REGISTRATION OF EMPLOYERS:
- Copy of Pan Card of Proprietor/Partner/Director/Trustee/Karta/Member/Authorised signatory
- Copy of Aadhaar Card/Voter Id/Driving License/Passport of Proprietor/Partner/Director/Trustee/Karta/Member/Authorised signatory
- 2 Passport size photograpgh of Proprietor/Partner/Director/Trustee/Karta/Member/Authorised signatory
- Copy of Registration/Incorporation Certificate of Firm/Company/Trust/NGO/AOP
- Copy of MOA and AOA/Bye laws/Deed of Partnership firm/Company/Trust/NGO/AOP
- Copy of pan card of Partnership firm/Company/Trust/NGO/AOP
- Copy of Cancelled cheque of Firm/Company/Trust/NGO/AOP
- Copy of EPF Signature Card
- Copy of EPF consent agreement
- Digital Signature of Proprietor/Partner/Director/Trustee/Karta/Member/Authorised signatory
- Email ID and Phone Number of Proprietor/Partner/Director/Trustee/Karta/Member/Authorised signatory
What are the informations of Employees required for EPF Registration in Jharkhand?
- Name, Father’s Name and Nominee Details
- Aadhar Card and Bank Account Details
- Date of Birth and date of Joining
- Salary Details
- Complete Postal Address
What if an establishment fails to register itself under EPF after becoming liable for registration?
If any Employer knowingly contravenes the provisions related to registration under EPF the he shall be punishable with imprisonment for a period which may extend upto 1 year or with fine of Rs. 5000/- or both.
Penalty for delay submission of EPF Contribution
If an employer fails to submit the contribution on time then he shall be liable to pay interest on the amount at following rates
|PERIOD OF DELAY||RATE OF INTEREST PER ANNUM|
|< 2 months||17%|
|6 months and above||37%|
What is the time required to take EPF Registration in Jharkhand and what is the process of applying for EPF registration?
EPF Registration process is online. All documents are required to be digitally signed by the employer and to be uploaded on the EPF portal.
The Registration process may take 2-4 working days.
Does the provisions of EPF applies to Casual or Temporary workers?
No, the provisions of this act applies only to employees on roll with the organization.
Contact us at +91-8540078000, +91-8540085000, +91-8540099000
Email us at: [email protected]