Trademark registration, Brand Registration, LOGO Registration, Product Registration and various other names given to one common facility of Trademark registration. We are the registered Trademark Agents involved in the Intellectual Property Rights Consultancy work. We provide our client timely services so as to help them protect their brand and logo from duplicity and un-authorized use. Trademark registration enables owners to easily establish their right to the trademark in court and earn royalties. It also deters piracy and prevents similar company names from being registered by other businesses. The validity of the trademark is 10 years but can be renewed indefinitely
Depending upon product and services offered the whole trademark is divided into 45 classes. These classes denotes the product service category in which the Trademark is registered. A trademark is an intellectual property which is being assigned to a word or logo but copyright assures you the protection for your unique content such as books, music, videos, songs or even software. A search facility for trademark is available online whereby anyone can check whether or not the name is available. One can also check the status of his application using that link.
Documents Required for Applying Trademark
- PAN and Registration Documents of Business
- PAN and Address proof of Owner/Authorised Person
- Authorisation Letter in case of Authorised Person
- Any prior use proof alongwith User Affidavit
- Duly executed Power of Attorney in TM-48
- Any other supporting Documents.
- In case of Individual, Sole Proprietorship Concern, StartUp and Small Enterproses – Rs.4500 per application
- In any other cases – Rs. 9000 per application.
A typical trademark application requires a minimum of 6 month time to get registered. A trademark application passes through various stages before getting registered. These are:
- FORMALITY CHECK – If application fails then TM-M is required to be filed in order to process further.
- OBJECTION – File reply within 30 days
- ACCEPTED and ADVERTISED
- OPPOSED – File counter statement within 30 days
NOTE: Any query raised against the application is required to be filed within 30 days otherwise the application shall be considered abandoned.